At 9,935 square feet, the new facility is three times the size of the existing emergency department.
Design highlights include:
- Eight private treatment rooms: one of which is a decontamination/isolation room and two of which are designed to meet needs of children
- Two designated trauma rooms for treatment of life-threatening emergencies
- A designated triage room
- An observation room with reclining chairs
- A family consultation room for private conversations with physicians
- A spacious, comfortable Lobby expressly for emergency patients
- A centralized Patient Care Coordination Center nursing station
- A separate patient entrance with covered drive-through for dropping off and picking up patients
- A separate, covered ambulance entrance
- A private decontamination entrance for health situations involving hazardous materials
- 9,935 sq. ft.
- $5.7M project
- Construction start: August 2013
- Estimated completion: June 2014