About Sparrow's Expansion
Your health is our duty
We take our responsibility to protect the health and well-being of our community seriously. It is our mission; it is our passion. And we know this means constantly looking forward — improving every step of the way — to ensure Sparrow’s exceptional care remains at the leading-edge. Our latest planned expansion will accomplish all this and more.
As the largest planned investment in our 125-year history, this contribution to the community will forever change Mid-Michigan’s health care landscape. From adding a stand-alone emergency center to building the only breast care center of its kind in our community, these planned investments will shape our region for generations.
With expanded offerings, updated technology and improvements, and enhancements to the patient experience, Sparrow will continue to expand the possibilities of health care. Together through this planned investment, we can all help write a brighter future for every person across our community.
As a nonprofit health system owned and governed by the community, philanthropy from the community will be vital for this project’s success. Your generosity will directly improve care for every Sparrow patient, right here at home. Your gift will help secure the health of our region for generations.
Our Campaign Cabinet collaborates to carry out the planning and execution of this community investment. Bringing a variety of perspectives from within Sparrow Health System and beyond, these leaders provide insight and hands-on effort to help make this endeavor possible.
- John Pirich, Campaign Chair Board Chair, Sparrow Health System; Emeritus Chair, Sparrow Foundation Board; Community Volunteer
- Lisa Hildorf Chair, Sparrow Foundation Board; Community Volunteer
- Tom Bres SVP, CIO, and CAO, Sparrow Health System; President, Sparrow Foundation
- James F. Dover, FACHE President and CEO, Sparrow Health System
- Michelle Reynaert VP, Sparrow Foundation, Volunteer Services, Health and Wellness
- Don Simon, Farm Bureau Insurance of Michigan Vice Chair, Sparrow Foundation Board; Community Volunteer
- Karen Kent-VanGorder, MD SVP, Chief Medical and Quality Officer, Sparrow Health System
- David Mangan VP, Sparrow Marketing
- Tom Ostrander VP Operations, Sparrow Hospital
- John Truscott, Truscott Rossman Emeritus Director, Sparrow Foundation Board; Community Volunteer
- LaKeeya K. Tucker, DO Sparrow Medical Chief of Staff; Alliance OB/GYN
- Michael Zaroukian, MD, PhD, MACP, FHIMSS VP, Chief Medical Information Officer, Sparrow Health System
Help us shape what’s possible for the next century of care.Give to Sparrow